TATTOOER | ARTIST
Entre Indígenas- Who is Julie Bolene?
Julie Bolene- Julie Bolene is a digital artist and tattooer based in Santa Fe, New Mexico. She is also a fitness fanatic, yoga obsessed, mountain wanderer, animal rescuer, who loves true crime, sci fi novels and anything made with cheese.
E- How and when did the love for tattooing come about?
J- Used to work across the street from a tattoo stop called Four Star in Santa Fe from 1999 – 2003 and it was the first time I had seen tattooing of that caliber, and women who were heavily tattooed, I started getting tattooed there and everything changed. Ten years later I apprenticed under Kevin Quinn in California after basically stalking him until he agreed to take me on. I’ve been tattooing for ten years and I love my job.
E- What do you like to convey with your drawings?
J- Mainly, I like to convey fun in each of my drawings.
E- What is your source of inspiration?
J- I find inspiration when walking around in the mountains, it centers my thoughts and new ideas form while I’m out there. I don’t know where the ideas come from, but when I can slow my mind down they just appear.
E- What animal represents you?
J- A raccoon
E- Where and how would you like to see yourself 10 years from now?
J– Living on a ranch of rescue dogs
E– Describe yourself in three words
J– If I had to choose only 3 words to describe myself it would be dedicated, neurotic and hard working.
E- With which known person would you take a trip through Europe?
J- It’s clear to me, I would go on a trip with Guy Fieri
E- A success and a failure.
J- My success has been to learn that I was wrong, and my failure to think that I was right.
– A phrase: This too shall pass
– A film: Terminator 2
– A song: Passenger, Iggy Pop
– A drink: Coffee
– A city: Los Angeles
WHAT DOES JULIE BOLENE PREFER?
- Ten years in a coma / Ten years in jail
- City life / Country life
- Talking to animals / Talking to the dead
- A good book / A good movie
- Only being able to whisper / Only being able to scream
- Lifetime free wifi / Lifetime free coffee
- Singing in public / Dancing in public
- To only eat salty / To only eat sweet
- Waking up in a desert / In a boat in the middle of the Ocean
- Knowing what you will die of / Knowing what day you will
- Something organized / Something improvised
- Music concert / Theater play
- Visiting the past / Visiting the future
- To be unable to see / To be unable to hear
- Light on / Light off
- Reality / Fiction
- Motorcycle trip / Car trip
- Never leaving your city / Not being able to return
- Being submissive / Being dominant
- Continuing with your life / Restarting your life