MAMA | MEEMAW | MAKER
JEN | BANDIT BRAND
Entre Indígenas- Who is Jen?
Jen- An old tired lady who lives in the woods and loves burritos.
E- How and when did the idea of creating Bandit Brand come about?
J- I had a vintage store and good tees were becoming hard to find and I wasnt findingany brands I liked so I started my own.
E- What is your source of inspiration?
J- The 70’s. I grew up in the 70’s and 80’s and am hugely inspired by style and music from that era.
Love EVERYTHING about the 70’s… the t shirts, the cars and trucks and especially the music and remembering what life was like before computers and iPhones.
E- Do you run your business by yourself?
J- Nope, but I have so I know how to do everything need be.
I have our shirts made in southern California and we ship them up to us in our little town of North Fork, CA where we have a couple of screen printers and we print everything to order and ship from there.
We also have a little retail store at our print shop.
E- Where and how would you like to see yourself 10 years from now?
J- 10 years from now I’d like to be hiding out somewhere sleeping and reading books and eating good food. Probably in Colorado but you never know.
E- How do you combine your family life with your life as an enterprising woman? Do you have time for all?
J- I try. Was doing pretty good for a while but I have been dragging my poor kid to work lately for some pretty long days but he’s adjusting and helping (he’s only 5 but my oldest is 29 and I have 4 Grand Kids already). It’s a struggle but I just try to make sure my work environment is healthy and make sure I have good people around for him to learn from and be around.
Right now I just opened a “Dude Ranch” in Colorado with my Mom and I am beat but its so epic I just keep on trucking. He is actually having a blast with the Wrangler boys and its awesome to see him outdoors and off of tv etc.
I would love to find more balance soon but so many once in a lifetime opportunities fell in my lap at the same time, Bandit Town, Rodeo Grounds, Bandit Brand of course and now the Dude Ranch in Colorado.
I drive my husband crazy too but he’s a musician so he does plenty to drive me crazy as well.
E- Your best quality and your worst defect:
J- Best Quality: ADD
Worst Quality : ADD
E- How is a perfect day in your life:
J- Perfect Day would be hanging with my kid in the hammock and my grand kids visit but not for too long haha.
And… Good Mexican food!
E- With which known person would you take a trip through Europe?
J- Probably my husband cause I get lost a lot!
E- A success and a failure.
J- A success, helping to fix up our town we live in.
I pretty much spend any $ I make at Bandit Brand fixing up old buildings and bringing fun stuff to our communities
A Failure, taking care of myself. I need to get on it endeavors, and here I am in the thick of it!
– A phrase: Advice. The wise won’t need it and the fools won’t heed it.
– A film: Wild at Heart
– A song: So into you. (Atlanta Rhythm Section)
– A book: Dumbing Us Down
– A city: None
WHAT DOES JEN PREFER?
- Ten years in a coma / Ten years in jail
- City life / Country life
- Talking to animals / Talking to the dead
- A good book / A good movie
- Only being able to whisper/ Only being able to scream
- Lifetime free wifi / Lifetime free coffee
- Singing in public / Dancing in public (CAN´T CHOOSE)
- To only eat salty / To only eat sweet (CAN´T CHOOSE)
- Waking up in a desert / In a boat in the middle of the Ocean
- Something organized / Something improvised
- Music concert / Theater play
- Visiting the past / Visiting the future
- Being unable to see / Being unable to hear
- Reality/ Fiction
- Motorcycle trip / Car trip
- Never leaving your city / Not being able to return
- Continuing with your life / Restarting your life
- Knowing what you will die of/ Knowing what day you will