MOTORCYCLE GENUINE PAINT
SCOTT | CHEMICAL CANDY CUSTOMS
Desert Mama- Who is Scott and where can we find him?
Scott- Honestly, I´m still trying to figure that out for myself. Some call me Scott but here lately the nickname Randy has taken hold! Haa! But really! I’m Just a good ole’ country boy who has a knack for painting vintage motorcycles from the great state of “Dallas” Texas.
Soon I’ll be moving back to the small country town I grew up in to be closer to my family and start this new business venture.
D- When was Chemical Candy Customs founded?
S- Founded 10+ years ago after a company name change.
D- How long have you been working with motorcycles and when did the love for painting them come about?
S- I’ve always had love for motorcycles as a kid and it just grew more and more throughout the years.
My first paint job got a huge response over social media and from that point it grew stronger over time.
D- What inspires you, and what other artist currently working do you admire?
S- I would normally get most of my inspiration from from old Easyrider magazines and of course Larry Watson was and still is the king of flames!
Now days I try and come up with fresh ideas to further my craft because there’s so many new painters out there and the shit is all starting to look the same.
As far as what other artist I admire, I’d have to say Shawn Long, Sonnyboy, Harpoon and 4Q just to name a few. These boys have been at it for awhile as well and their style of painting will always be timeless.
D- Show us your best work by now and tell us why you love it:
S- I have too many favorites but let’s just say the turquoise stone tank.
The response from that paint job was amazing not to mention it blew my mind after i finished it. The chemicals I used when mixed came out perfect.
D- The part you love the most of what you do, and the worst part:
S- I’d have to say the overall finished product is what I love and the response of those who dig my style of painting.
Doing body work on sheet metal would be my absolute least favorite! Let’s just say…It fucking sucks balls!!
D- We have also seen you have rad tees… Are they designed by you?
S- 95% of my designs are done by other artist who I give an idea to and then I let them run with it.
D- Where and how would you like to see yourself 10 years from now?
S- Shits getting deep up in here!! As of now, me and a few friends just bought a massive 120 acre venue “Yellow Rose Canyon” to try and further our future…
Concerts, bike shows, car shows and the list goes on! Born Free 13 will be held at our venue Oct. 2022 and we couldn’t be more stoked!
Come to Texas!
D- You only have two days left, what would you do?
S- Go spend every second with my family!
D- Your best quality and your worst defect:
S- Always there for my friends and family.
D- How is a perfect day in your life:
S- To be alive each day is the only truthful answer I can think of.
D- A success and a failure:
S- Pffff… Married for 24 years and divorced after 24 years.
Most marriages don’t last more than 5 years these days.
– A phrase:“Knowin’ nothin’ in life but to be legit”
– A film: Tombstone.
– A book: The Great Gatsby.
– A song: Leo Rondeau-Get on with it.
– A drink:Jameson on the rocks.
– A city: London.
WHAT DOES SCOTT PREFER?
- Ten years in a coma /Ten years in jail
- City life / Country life (Always country!)
- Talking to animals / Talking to the dead
- A good book / A good movie
- Only being able to whisper / Only being able to scream
- Lifetime free wifi / Lifetime free coffee
- Singing in public /Dancing in public
- Only eating salty food / Only eating sweet
- Waking up in a desert / In a boat in the middle of the Ocean (“Boats and hoes comes to mind”)
- Something organized / Something improvised
- Visiting the past / Visiting the future
- Being unable to see / Being unable to hear
- Reality / Fiction
- Motorcycle trip / Car trip (Chopper trip)
- Never leaving your city / Not being able to return
- Being submissive / Being dominant
- Continuing with your life / Restarting your life
- Knowing what you will die of / Knowing what day you will
- Music concert / Theater play